Twelve image-processing YouTube tutorial videos using ArcGIS Pro with Spatial Analyst extension

Jump to solution
06-18-2021 05:59 AM
JimEllis
New Contributor

Twelve (12) YouTube videos are now available that provide image-processing instructions for ArcGIS Pro users, instructors, and students who want to do their own processing, enhancement, and information extraction of satellite and airborne remote sensing data.   The YouTube tutorials are free supplemental material for the April 2020 college textbook "Remote Sensing Principles, Interpretation, and Applications, 4th ed." by F.F. Sabins and J.M. Ellis, published by Waveland Press. 

The lab exercises process images and DEMs discussed and shown in the textbook.  The video exercises are detailed in an ArcGIS Pro lab manual (step-by-step instructions in pdf format) with data that is available for download from the textbook publisher's website:  http://waveland.com/Sabins-Ellis/ .  Download this manual and data if you want to process imagery and DEMs with your copy of ArcGIS Pro while viewing the YouTube videos. 

(NOTE: The links below supercede those in my original post as I replaced the YouTube videos  with improved versions on 28 June 2021 based on excellent & timely feedback from GIS friends.  Thanks also to Nanet Pagsanjan for  informing me today that I  forgot to update the YouTube links in this post after I replaced the videos....so now the links work!

Here’s the link to the Introduction video   https://youtu.be/bdV2YqkJnac

and the link to Lab 6 Principal Components, Mosaicking, Pan Sharpening   https://youtu.be/GvnIkfHi2k4 

Subscribe to the YouTube channel to view the 12 lab exercise videos (the 12 tutorial videos are also in a playlist that is available at the channel). 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimEllis
New Contributor

Thank you Nanet!  Your kind and timely inquiry reminded me that I had not replaced the YouTube links on this ESRI post after I replaced the videos yesterday with improved & updated versions.  I'm letting the community know in the edited and updated post that you identified the problem.  Please let me know if you find the videos useful, and if you downloaded the lab manual & data from the textbook publisher's website - and found those to be of some use.

Take care,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NanetPagsanjan
New Contributor II

Hi, Jim. I clicked on the hyperlinks but it wouldn't allow me to view them. It told me they were private. Is there another way I can access them for viewing?

Thanks, Nanet

0 Kudos
NanetPagsanjan
New Contributor II

OK. So I searched ArcGIS Pro and Jim Ellis and found the videos. I've since subscribed so here's hoping I can view them. 

Cheers, 

0 Kudos
JimEllis
New Contributor

Thank you Nanet!  Your kind and timely inquiry reminded me that I had not replaced the YouTube links on this ESRI post after I replaced the videos yesterday with improved & updated versions.  I'm letting the community know in the edited and updated post that you identified the problem.  Please let me know if you find the videos useful, and if you downloaded the lab manual & data from the textbook publisher's website - and found those to be of some use.

Take care,
Jim

0 Kudos
NanetPagsanjan
New Contributor II

Thanks, Jim! 

0 Kudos