Would this ultrawide monitor would work with ArcGIS, RS, and photogrammetry softwares ?

10-23-2018 10:11 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone out here that have tried to experiment with this product that has one large monitor that is greater than 30" inches that can let you to split multiple documents into one screen? What is your experience is like with with GIS and Remote Sensing software ? What kind of graphics that works best ? What is the pro and cons ?

The link to the monitor is https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-34wk500-p-34-ips-led-ultrawide-fhd-freesync-monitor-gray/6204327.p?s...

I'd like to hear from those that work heavily on remote sensing, ArcGIS, photogremmetry softwares and other programs.

I use Agisoft PhotoScan, ArcGIS 10.5.1, ERDAS 2018 and other programs that come with the laptop. My laptop is ZBook.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Well since no one respond, I have decided to go ahead and order it. I am waiting for it to arrive . 

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

This is Before

This is after I set it up...

0 Kudos
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

I have a similar screen with slightly larger 2560x1440 resolution and have no issues.

There is nothing on the these specs that indicate that it would work with Stereo Glasses though, so you might not be able to use the active stereo mode available with the Image Analyst Extension.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I haven't had the chance to do some testing. I just got my ultra-wide monitor this monring ( 5 November 2018)

0 Kudos