Wanting to build Digital Terrain Model but Build Stereo Model failing with No build stereo views and Change Parameters Message

07-30-2021 04:38 AM
AlainMunyaneza1
New Contributor II

Hello Community, I am stack in creating stereo pairs after doing Block adjustment tool to create digital surface model. I have run the block adjustment tool but when I run the Build stereo tool it runs then gives empty results. It says "No built stereo views, Change parameters" How can I change parameters! I am dealing with a small area but when I try to define angles that can be seen reasonable, it returns always empty and same message. How Can I change!After You run Build stereo model, You build 3d point cloud and create the digital surface model after. @VinayViswambharan Can you tell about? I need to create the DSM from here

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

Hi Alain - 

This link should give you more information on the parameters to use for the built stereo models tool. Here are some suggestions. Change the Min intersection angle to 5, the Max intersection angle to 85, minimum overlap to 0.1 (you can even try leaving it blank). if it doesn't work can you send a screenshot of your footprints.

0 Kudos
AlainMunyaneza1
New Contributor II

Hello Vinay,

There is still the same. It is still bringing the error that "No stereo model was built. Please change the parameters and try again". See the footprints in one area in the pic attached!

0 Kudos
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

Hi Alain -

I need a screenshot of the mosaic dataset footprints, I think the screenshot you sent are building footprints.

What is your data source? Aerial, Satellite or Drone? Note that you need to have at least 50-60% overlap between images to get a stereo pair. And you should be working with imagery that contains sensor model information (preferably that has run through the ortho mapping process). Stereo's and elevation models cannot be generated on preprocessed orthos.

0 Kudos
AlainMunyaneza1
New Contributor II

Hello Vinay,

Ok. I have thought of it. My Source is Satellite. I have then to create the ortho mapping workspace for the ortho mapping process to build the stereo? Find the footprints!

0 Kudos
AlainMunyaneza1
New Contributor II

Hello Vinay,

No response. @VinayViswambharan 

0 Kudos