Unable to process Sentinel 2 1C product with ArcGIS 10.3.1with patches

09-14-2017 02:00 AM
PedroPorrino
New Contributor

Hi, I have installed both patches Raster Type Cumulative Patch and Raster Cumulative Patch B for ArcGIS 10.3.1.

Patches identified with patchfinder.

I have confirmed that Sentinel 2 data are admitted as raster type:

However, whenever I try to process Sentinel 2 files, both systems: script from Esri and using Add Rasters to Mosaic dataset, I get always same error: 80042018: Could not build data source and error: 8004203f could not open source as a raster dataset.

Please, any idea about? Any help would be highly appreciated as I really need to work now with this data for my current work in Sierra Leona on Disaster Risk Reduction.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could try Sentinel 2 Script .

There is also an attached note. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:  As noted here, the Sentinel2 file format was changed on December 6, 2016.  The Sentinel2 Raster Type built into ArcGIS 10.4 was designed for the original (now deprecated) file format.   Until the Raster Type is updated, the scripts included in this download will not properly recognize the new format.  Sentinel2 scenes recorded after December 6 can be used in ArcGIS as raster datasets (one file per spectral band), but metadata fields will not be populated.   Sentinel2 scenes recorded before December 6 will continue to be fully supported.

Think Location
0 Kudos
PedroPorrino
New Contributor

Thank you very much Jayanta; actually Script worked with Sentinel2 file previous to 2016 December, so that was the problem. Sorry for the delay in replying, but to download 5 gigabytes here took me a week. Thanks again

0 Kudos