Unable to access old rasters in mosaic dataset after password change

10-26-2022 01:02 PM
Labels (1)
DanGoff
New Contributor

We have a daily process that runs and ingests gridded weather data into single-band rasters, which are then stored in an enterprise geodatabase on SQL Server and added to a mosaic dataset that lives within that database.

We recently had to change the password for the database user that owns the schema for the dataset and the rasters in the database. Since that password change, we're not able to view any of the rasters that were added to the mosaic dataset prior to the change.

It seems that the old password for the user is either stored or cached somewhere within the raster dataset, but I'm not sure where that might be. I've got a case open with Esri Support, but we haven't had much luck so far.

If I open the raster dataset within ArcMap, all of the rasters (both old and new) still show up in the attribute table, but the old rasters show up as a checkerboard pattern when I try to view them. I see a corresponding entry in our SQL Server logs that shows "Login failed for user '<username>'. Reason: Password did not match that for the login provided."

This raster dataset is also served out through an AGS map service - calls to those rasters from the map service REST API also generate the same login failed message.

The Export Broken Paths tool doesn't show that any of the rasters in the dataset have broken paths, so there's nothing to repair. Trying to update pyramids and statistics also failed due to the bad password.

My SDE connection has the proper credentials, and each of the new rasters added since the password change all appear fine, both when viewed in ArcMap and through the AGS REST API.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

It is possible that the mosaic dataset is referring to the old .sde file which contains the source raster.

Please replaced the old .sde file with a same name new .sde file that contains the new password.

PeterBecker_0-1666825580570.png

0 Kudos
DanGoff
New Contributor

I ran the Repair Mosaic Dataset tool - it only returned one path to an SDE file with the correct password that still exists on my system. There was no differentiation in file paths between the "old" and "new" rasters.

I did go through and run Repair Paths and pointed everything to a new, working SDE file.

This seems to have run successfully, but now this seems to have only served to make all the "new" rasters show up with the checkerboard pattern now as well.

0 Kudos