The output of predict function using ChangeDetector model is not georeferenced

Jump to solution
04-25-2021 10:48 PM
MaryamBarzegar
New Contributor III

Hello, I trained ChangeDetector model and I used predict function for Inference. My inputs are two georeferenced TIFF images but the result is a PNG image which is not georeferenced. Is there any way to have a georeferenced output? For other models the Classify pixels using deep learning tool can be used and the output of model would be georeferenced but this tool cannot be used for ChangeDetector model.  

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, I have created a simple test PNG file of 1081 x 1005 pixels. I then created a .pgw file for it. The last step was to run the Define Projection tool as set the coordinate system to WGS 1984. Bringing this into Pro looks like it matches your location ok. Attached is the zipped test image.

Now what you can try is delete all the test5_predict files apart from the .png (so delete .pgw, .png.aux.xml etc.). Then copy my test.pgw file and rename it test5_predict.pgw. Then before adding it to a map in Pro, run the Define Projection tool and set to WGS 1984. This should now bring it into the right location when you add to the map. Because you are working in decimal degrees, there could be some precision errors due to the large number of decimal places.

location.jpg

0 Kudos
MaryamBarzegar
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for your help! Yeah, after using Define projection tool it worked. 

0 Kudos
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Maryam, Esri just released ArcGIS Pro 2.8 which now includes a geoprocessing tool specifically for change detection - I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but hopefully it will output georeferenced images:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/image-analyst/detect-change-using-deep-learn... 

MaryamBarzegar
New Contributor III

Hi Tim

Thank you for sharing this, I'm working with ArcGIS Pro 2.7 and it's a bit hard for me to upgrade :)) 

0 Kudos