Sitescan adding extra GCP's

Jump to solution
09-09-2021 07:23 AM
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

A client has a SiteScan mission created (and flown) and added a number of GCP's and did the georeferencing. Processing gave good results. I pointed out he was analyzing terrain far outside the "GCP box" and indeed some RTK-GPS controls told us he needed more GCP's to improve the model in this area. 

There is a concept of GCP sets and I thought we just added the new GCP's in a new GCP set, geolocated those GCP's and reprocessed. But then the (re-) processing is done just based on the new GCP set and not both GCP sets.

Which means (?) he will have to make a third GCP set by merging the 2 he has and then repeat the georeferencing of all the GCP's. Is that correct, or is it another way to avoid the little bit tedious process? (quite large this project in my book with approx 1500 photos). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello Herman,

Yes you would have to merg the two GCP sets together. Are your GCP B&W Squares or crosses on the ground. If yes you could set the automated ground control detection process and have the software autodetect the GCP and then you verify before re-running the product creation. This article on automated control is found here https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000023062 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello Herman,

Yes you would have to merg the two GCP sets together. Are your GCP B&W Squares or crosses on the ground. If yes you could set the automated ground control detection process and have the software autodetect the GCP and then you verify before re-running the product creation. This article on automated control is found here https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000023062 

0 Kudos
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @GordonSumerling for the clarification 🙂 The client has only unmarked GCP's in this case but thats another story. best Pål Herman

0 Kudos