Sharing a Mosaic Dataset - ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
09-21-2020 11:59 PM
cpmgisuser
New Contributor III
Already have an Image Service published and want to re-publish it.
Using ArcCatalog v10.6.1 I right click on the Mosaic Dataset (MD) and "Share as Image Service". The Dialog that opens gives me 3 choices:
Because it is already published I choose "Overwrite an existing service".
BUT
Using ArcGIS Pro I follow the procedures here:
There are no options to overwrite?
Even if the exact same Title, Summary, Tags are chosen it creates another Image Service with the same Title but a different ID?
If this Image Service is used in multiple Portal maps then the Image Service needs to be replaced in all of them.
Is it necessary to overwrite Image Services?
How come you can overwrite in ArcCatalog but not in Pro?
Is there documentation about this as I cannot find any?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris, just sent you an email - please let me know if you run into the issue at 2.6

For other users that come across this thread:
The "Overwrite" functionality for image services published to ArcGIS Server was brought into ArcGIS Pro at version 2.6 after the following enhancement was implemented: 

• ENH-000121518 - "Add overwrite functionality for Imagery Layers in ArcGIS Pro"

Please make sure ArcGIS Pro is at least at version 2.6 - and let us know if any issues arise overwriting at this build.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Dont you see THIS in Pro?

Thats what you are looking for ...

0 Kudos
cpmgisuser
New Contributor III

Hi Guenter,

No?
Desktop AGP is v2.5
ArcGIS Enterprise PROD is v10.6.1 and TST/Staging is v10.7.1
Portal for ArcGIS PROD is v10.6.1 and TST/Staging is v10.7.1 - have tried both

Both Federated

Imagery is stored on a Registered data store, Mosaic Database(s) are created in a File Geodatabase on that data store.

Mosaic Datasets are published using "Share as Web Layer" to Imagery Layer (Source:Image Service):

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Here's information on how to overwrite a web imagery layer: Overwrite a web imagery layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Hope it helps,

Jonah 

GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris, just sent you an email - please let me know if you run into the issue at 2.6

For other users that come across this thread:
The "Overwrite" functionality for image services published to ArcGIS Server was brought into ArcGIS Pro at version 2.6 after the following enhancement was implemented: 

• ENH-000121518 - "Add overwrite functionality for Imagery Layers in ArcGIS Pro"

Please make sure ArcGIS Pro is at least at version 2.6 - and let us know if any issues arise overwriting at this build.