Sentinel-2 app - problems with export function

01-07-2020 02:54 AM
ThomasBauer
New Contributor

Hi,

as anyone experienced problems with exporting images from the Sentinel Explorer app?

I created an ArcGIS account (not affiliated to an organisation), signed into the app and tried to export an image. And failed (Current Renderer/Define Extent is activated). No error message, after clicking "Export" nothing happens.

Using the same account with the Landsat Explorer app, the export works.

#sentinel-2

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Hi Thomas,

I just checked and can confirm: With a "non-organisational-account" the export will not create output. Switching to an organizational account the output is generated. I'll forward that question ... 

Regards
Guenter

0 Kudos
ThomasBauer
New Contributor

Dear Guenter,

thanks for the quick answer!

Regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Thomas,

just got a message: this will not change. Can you get an organizational account somewhere?

What kind of Sentinel-Export do you need?

Guenter

0 Kudos
ThomasBauer
New Contributor

That's a pity. Interesting that it works with Landsat Explorer...

I have an organizational account as well. For me it is not a problem but I want students to work with the Sentinel Explorer and I don't want them all to join our organisation (about 200 students). The download of a small part of an image should be as simple as possible. Downloading the whole scene with all bands is too complex.

Students should be able to work with - offline! - Sentinel-2 data (CIR) doing a visual interpretation in ArcGIS.  That's why I am searching for a download option and not using a web service or ArcGIS online, etc.

An option would be to create one ArcGISonline account (affililated to our organisation) for that purpose but I don't know how many students can use this one account at the same time.

Any other suggestions are mostly welcome!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thomas

0 Kudos