Scanned Imagery Stereo Demonstration?

10-12-2021 11:21 AM
KrisCallaway
New Contributor

Our team is trying to determine if the Imagery Analyst Addon for Pro will meet our needs. We work primarily with Scanned historical aerial imagery and are using a third party software currently for our orthos and for creating stereo models. I was hoping to find a video tutorial or demonstration of the process in Imagery Analyst in an effort to consolidate our workflow. Based on the Articles it seems like this should work for us but I wanted to be able to show others in our organization to encourage the migration. Typically we have camera calibration documentation but there are times when we don't so we would need to know if it is possible to manually set up models.

Thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

Hi Kris - 

Check out these 2 links to find resources on using the ortho mapping capabilities in ArcGIS Pro, and using the stereo capabilities..

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/imagery/workflows/resources/using-stereo-imagery.htm

Create Scanned Aerial Imagery Products in ArcGIS Pro—Imagery Workflows | Documentation

KrisCallaway
New Contributor

Thanks Vinay,

Second link looks like something I can work with! Would be great if there were a video of the process.

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kris.  

One of Vinay's hyperlinks was redirected - I wanted to be sure you found this 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/imagery/workflows/resources/using-stereo-imagery.htm 

Note that for creation of orthos and DEM extraction, ArcGIS Pro provides a complete workflow from interior orientation through product creation.  For this, you need only ArcGIS Pro Advanced license, not the Image Analyst extension - it's referred to as the "Ortho Mapping" capability.  But this does not include stereo viewing, so if you want full stereo capabilities then you are correct that you need Image Analyst.

Also note that the camera model is beneficial, for improved accuracy, but the camera model is not absolutely required.  

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Cody B

0 Kudos