Report Image Services

09-09-2011 11:53 AM
JimHall
New Contributor III
Is there a way to have Image Server report all of the services that it is running and maybe the definition path as well to a file?  I have inherited an image server that has 50 something services running and I want to document what is there now.  Any Ideas appreciated. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenYoungs
New Contributor II
Jim,

If you have access to the Image Server Manager, you can find all the necessary information for all the published image services (state, number of service providers, path to ISCdef file, etc.)

You can access the manager from Start --> All Programs --> ArcGIS --> ImageServer from the machine running Image Server.

Additionally, you can get the list of published services from the from the ImageServer.Services XML file, most likely located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESRI\Image Server\Server.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
JimHall
New Contributor III
Thanks Ben,

The manager is great if you are interested in a single service and what to know its parameters.  In this case I was hoping to make a report or at least a list of what was on the server. 

The services file was exactly what I was looking for.  I copied this file to my local machine so that I could open it in Excel, which had no trouble at all getting me the list I was looking for.  To my horror I have discovered that there are 200 services to manage, but at least this table will help me keep track of these as I track what is really needed from this server. 

Thanks for your help!  😄
0 Kudos