Repair mosaic dataset paths added not replaced old paths

05-01-2023 03:11 PM
Labels (1)
KatGIS
by
New Contributor II

Hi, I was having an issue viewing an orthomosaic stored in a file geodatabase. The imagery would appear as a checkerboard when zoomed in beyond about 1:3600. I discovered by running the 'Export Mosaic Dataset Paths' that the the paths to the tifs were pointing to a C:\Users folder that I didn't have access to. The overviews were all pointing to a correct location (although they are all duplicated - same path, pointing to same SourceOID). 

I ran the 'Repair Mosaic Dataset Paths' tool on the 9 paths that were broken by copying the path directly from the export table for the 'old path' and using the UNC path for the 'new path'. 

I exported the mosaic dataset paths table again, and I see my new paths, but for some reason the broken C:\Users paths still exist, so my orhthomosaic is still a checkerboard. I'm not sure why, especially since there are very few parameters for the Repair tool.

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are the tifs in the same location as the overview? or are you trying to copy files to a common location?

Move or copy a mosaic dataset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KatGIS
by
New Contributor II

Hi @DanPatterson, the overviews and the tifs are inside different folders (same parent folder also holding gdb). 

I wasn't trying to copy files to a common location, just attempting to change/repair the paths that were incorrect in the mosaic. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mingzhenC
New Contributor II

Hi,

Please try:

1. Clear Local Cache first.

2. Then run 'Synchronize Mosaic Dataset.'

Have a good time.

0 Kudos
KatGIS
by
New Contributor II

Thanks, I cleared my cache, and ran 'Synchronize Mosaic Dataset' checking 'remove items with broken data source'. When looking at the mosaic dataset paths, they are all correct and none come back broken, but unfortunately my imagery still has checkerboard appearance when zoomed in. 

I was able to create a new orthomosaic, but stumped why the old one won't appear correctly now despite showing the correct pathways. 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos