Raster Product not calling MRF pyramids

11-14-2022 07:28 PM
Labels (1)
AngusHooper1
Occasional Contributor III

When accessing the raster product (i.e. imd file or DIM.xml), the underlying raster proxies are called and then the entire MRF image is downloaded from S3 for rendering. However, when accessing the raster proxy directly only the relevant pyramid is drawn. The end result is the impression that ArcGIS Pro can support a raster dataset (i.e. .tif) that is MRF with pyramids but cannot support the parent file (i.e. imd file). 

This issue subsequently flows into any mosaic dataset where a raster product draw can be >1 minute as opposed to the individual tif's in the mosaic being 1-2 seconds per pyramid level.

Are there any settings that influence this? Gdalinfo has no issues reading the various pyramid levels when hitting the raster proxies.

1 Reply
AngusHooper1
Occasional Contributor III

@PeterBecker thoughts?

I have replicated this behaviour in Pro 2.9 and Pro 3. Would you recommend ignoring the raster product files (i.e. IMD or DIM.xml) and treating the mrf file on its own merits? The requests against S3 are all byte-range requests but the range is clearly significantly larger when accessing via the product.

0 Kudos