Publish Mosaic Dataset on Linux

03-15-2022 02:01 PM
Labels (1)
JanieCarey
New Contributor II

I have a file geodatabase with a mosaic dataset that has over 900 geotif files.  At first, I used my local hard drive on a Windows VM to expediate the processing time from days to a few hours using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.  I am able to preview the overviews and drill down to the geotif itself, it's perfect.  I close out of Pro then I copy my geotif folder (900ish tif files) and the overviews folder to a NAS using a UNC path that my ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 (image role) has access to.  I open up Pro and copy over the file geodatabase to NAS using the UNC path.  I repair the paths then analyze them redraw the mosaic datasets without any issue.  Before publishing, I create a folder data store with the UNC path and linux path which have the same folder structure and it validates.  The problem is when I publish to my standalone ArcGIS Server as an image service.  All I get are the black and white crosshatch patterns.  The ArcGIS Server logs states that my overviews are not accessible although I can access them on the linux server itself and is has the correct permissions and owner.  i am stumped and esri support were unable to help.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KjellTimalm
New Contributor III

I have a simular problem. Did you get any solution?

0 Kudos
PetrŠercl
New Contributor II

I have the same problem and we are solving this with ESRI.

When we changed Windows UNC paths to rasters in mosaic dataset to Linux paths, e. g. \\MyServer\data to /MyServer/data, the content of published mosaic dataset through the image service has displayed correctly.  

0 Kudos