Out of memory error

Jump to solution
08-04-2017 01:34 PM
AdamBorczyk
New Contributor III

Hi,

for the past few days I suddenly started to experience Out Of Memory error coming out of ArcMap. It happens when I'm working with raster Classification tool. I basically draw some training sites on a raster and press 'view histogram' of the sites or 'view scatterplot'. I was able to use it normally until recently. What is strange, I'm able to perform chosen classification with this data, just can't preview histogram/scatterplot/statistics (which is crucial). After some attempts to open these histograms etc., I get ArcMap crashed and a window to send the report appears.

The image I'm working on is ~800mb product of Landsat image (7 bands), but it also happens on any other image.

What I tried to do after getting the error:

- clean up Windows using Disk Cleanup (some temp files etc)

- clean the Default.gdb to zero (that was my scratch space)

- disable all extensions except one which is needed (Spatial Analyst)

- started new project, new .mxd file and load only the raster to work on into it

- create fresh new shapefile of training sites

- restart laptop and Arc of course

I run Windows 7 Pro x64 and ArcGIS 10.5.0.6491. I got 8GB of RAM and 4-core Sandy Bridge CPU. I have 20-30 GB free on my SSD disk. I would appreciate any help, since I cannot do my work at all because of it.

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/managing-data?sr=search&searchId=0f88668d-ed0b-4e6c-8bcf-95...

0 Kudos
10 Replies
NajdALHanahnah
New Contributor III

Hi 

I have faced the same issue and I found the source of this problem in my case as follow :-

1-Data source unknow (I defined data source).

2-If you have multiple data frame , check the source for each data frame and if the system hanging remove the smallest data frame with low details.

3- close the program and re-open the program.

4-check the symbology used (the source).

I have checked the above instructions and its work with me.

0 Kudos