Oriented imagery

01-13-2022 10:53 PM
Labels (1)
sytsedevries
New Contributor III

I work with images of the Trimble MX7 camera. 

I have a export of the images (jpg file) and a excel with data about gps sensor, latitude (deg) , longitude (deg), altitude_ellipsoidal (m), roll (deg), pitch (deg) and heading (deg)

Current I have created a oriented imagery catalog. After that i have add the images from a folder of my local disk. 

In the image below is the result of the attribute table of the exposure points

My question is it possible to join the attributes of the excel (with information about heading, etc.) in the atributes table of the exposure points?

How to adjust the oriented imagery catalog automatically with the entered parameters?

Because the current Cam heading of the images is incorrect and i want use all the parameters of the excel

sytsedevries_0-1642141962063.png

#Oriented Imagery #Trimble MX7

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

HI, 

Yes its possible to a copy the heading info from your external table to the exposure table. 

First thing to do is to to figure out a common column between the two tables. It could be Name field. If you do not have a common column you  will have to create one in the external table. The content of the name column should match the column you are going to use. This is important so that rows of both tables can be matched correctly. 

You can use this link for additional help on joining tables. 

Once you have created a join between the two tables you can copy data from one field to another using calculate field tool.  

The other way of doing this is to create a Frame Table format (CSV file) and use that as input.  If you refer to the Oriented Imagery User doc, Page 11, it will show you the expected columns to use. 

Hope this helps. 

Randall 

0 Kudos
sytsedevries
New Contributor III

Thank you for you response!,

I have create a csv file (see image below)

sytsedevries_0-1642400011488.png

After that i have a add images to Oriented Imagery catalog with input type: Frame table

The results: The images does't add in the oriented imagery catalog (see the warnings below)

sytsedevries_2-1642400626389.png

What should i do to  make it work?

Sytse 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

You need to look at the user documentation page 11. It gives you the structure of the FrameTable that is expected. 

You can find the document here.. 

c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Documentation\OrientedImageryCatalogManagement_UserGuide.pdf

Randall

0 Kudos