No tools in the toolbox Manage Oriented Imagery. pyt

Jump to solution
12-01-2021 05:31 AM
sytsedevries
New Contributor III

I want to use the tools of the toolbox: ManageOrientedImagery.pyt 

I have download the toolbox Oriented Imagery Management Tools and Oriented Imagery add-in for ArcGIS Pro, 

Further, i have the add the toolbox (Manage oriented imagery)

But i have a problem: the toolbox has no tools............... (see the screenshot below)

sytsedevries_0-1638365233663.png

The have use the next website.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/imagery/workflows/tutorials/creating-an-oriented-imagery-catalog.htm

My question is: What can i do to solve this problem and i can use the tools?

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello  sytsedevries,

You did not mention the version of ArcGIS Pro you are using. If it is 2.9 there might be a compatability issue.

Cheers

Gordon

View solution in original post

EmilyWindahl
Esri Contributor

Hi folks, the command to import gdal changed with ArcGIS Pro 2.9, making it incompatible with the current release of the Oriented Imagery Management Tools. We're releasing a new version of the Management Tools next week that will work with Pro 2.9. Until then, it's best to roll back to 2.8 if you need to manage oriented imagery. Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

don't know if this is related but the requirements listed at

Esri/oriented-imagery Github

are

ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise portal account
Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS 2.15+ Developer Edition
ArcGIS Experience Builder 1.3+ Developer Edition

... sort of retired...
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello  sytsedevries,

You did not mention the version of ArcGIS Pro you are using. If it is 2.9 there might be a compatability issue.

Cheers

Gordon

sytsedevries
New Contributor III

Thank you @GordonSumerling. Right i use the ArcGIS pro version 2.9. 

My question what can  i do to use the toolbox Manage oriented imagery in version 2.9?

or it is simple to change to a other version and which version is suitable?

The intention is i am looking for a suitable tool to import images (jpg) with x and y coödinates in ArcGIS pro. This images come from 360 camera (see the youtube link below, what i want to do).

And i am looking a tool for image recognition (for example buidlings and roads are recognized)

Do you have sugestions to do this in Arcgis Pro 2.9 or other GIS software?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PoqGRWTPjI

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello  sytsedevries,

I may well be a compatability issue. with ArcGIS Pro 2.9. Therefor if you want to use the Orientated imagery application you will have to roll back to ArcGIS Pro 2.8 until the Orientated Imagery application is updated. Please revist the following web site 

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=36ee0bbedca64a5a8b68d7c69ab51728 

for updates. 

As for the image recognition piece, this will be Deep learning tools. More detail on these can be found at: 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/imagery/workflows/resources/using-deep-learning-for-feature-extraction.htm

Cheers

Gordon

sytsedevries
New Contributor III

Thank you!

0 Kudos
EmilyWindahl
Esri Contributor

Hi folks, the command to import gdal changed with ArcGIS Pro 2.9, making it incompatible with the current release of the Oriented Imagery Management Tools. We're releasing a new version of the Management Tools next week that will work with Pro 2.9. Until then, it's best to roll back to 2.8 if you need to manage oriented imagery. Thanks!

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.9—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

for gdal users, way down in the above link under Python

• GDAL has been upgraded to version 3.3. This version includes improvements to the Python bindings.
    • Top-level imports of gdal, gdalconst, gdalnumeric, ogr, and osr are no longer supported, and should be converted to use the osgeo module. For example, convert import gdal to from osgeo import gdal.
    • The new utility module osgeo_utils can be accessed with import osgeo_utils.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ZoltanKelly
New Contributor III

Hi @EmilyWindahl , any update on the release date for this?

FYI for others I've got it working in 2.9 by just replacing all the 'import gdal' with 'from osgeo import gdal' in the python scripts in :
- Oriented Imagery\GPTool\ManageOrientedImagery.pyt (line 39)
- Oriented Imagery\GPTool\orientedimagerytools.py (line 40)
- Oriented Imagery\Types\FeatureServiceWithAttachments.py (line 27)

Two other issues I've had with getting a FeatureServiceWithAttachments with resolution as below (not sure where to report this?)

1. Edge case bug if records have null geometry, then the script fails with a 'NoneType is not subscriptable' error. This is because it is fetching and trying to parse the null geometry. To 'fix', I just put a lazy try/catch around the attachment loop in def getImageListFromFeatureLayerURL in FeatureServiceWithAttachments.py, but I guess should really be logged and parsed and returned to user.

for attachment in attachments:
            try:
                attachmentURL = attachment['DOWNLOAD_URL']
                if '?token' in attachmentURL:
                    attachmentURL = attachmentURL.split('?token')[0]
                pointGeometry = [
                    f.geometry for f in features if f.attributes['OBJECTID'] == attachment['PARENTOBJECTID']][0]
                imageList.append({"point": {'x': pointGeometry['x'], 'y': pointGeometry['y'], 'srs': featureSet.spatial_reference.get(
                    'wkid')}, "imageURL": attachmentURL})
            except:
                pass

And secondly, in the same script, the def getExitData that uses the gdal.Info function with vsicurl fails. 

return gdal.Info('/vsicurl/{}'.format(imageURL), allMetadata=True, format='json'

I haven't had time to understand true root cause, but it seems vsicurl is broken on the version of GDAL packaged with OptimizeRasters (tried on 3 machines). I replaced the GDAL libraries with the latest available and it now works as expected.

0 Kudos