New! 3DR Solo metadata integrated into Esri FMV!

08-03-2016 02:35 PM
JeffLiedtke
Esri Contributor

Esri and 3DR partnered to create a metadata file suitable for input into the Esri FMV Video Multiplexer tool to create MISB-compliant videos.  Flight and sensor metadata from the 3DR Solo drone is recorded into a TXT file, which can be easily downloaded from the Solo and converted to the required CSV (comma separated values) format. The sensors recording the metadata are coordinated with the capture of video data to ensure synchronization.

The Solo metadata file and video data are input into the Esri FMV Video Multiplexer tool to create a single MISB-compliant video. This MISB-compliant video results in the graphic display of each video frame on the map display in ArcGIS.  This powerful capability also enables the seamless creation and update of features in both the video player and map display, measurement of features, and bidirectional marking of features in the video and map display.

Esri provides a document that describes how to update your Solo drone with the firmware programs, also included in the download.  The document and scripts are available in a *.zip archive at http://esriurl.com/3DRSoloFMV.

3 Replies
DavidMorehead
New Contributor

Hey Jeff -  The linked file is now a PDF file and it seems that I cannot download the python files. Could you provide them in a download link? 

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

David

My apologies for this error.  We are updating the document, and I failed to include the scripts for updating the firmware.  Please try the download again - now it should be a zip file with PDF document and scripts for two different versions of Solo firmware.

Thanks

Cody B. 

DavidMorehead
New Contributor

Thank you for providing this for us. We are excited to implement drone usage in our organization. 

0 Kudos