Need help with the difference button in the image analysis window

01-15-2019 12:33 AM
Labels (2)
BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

Hello:

What can you do once you have created a temporary difference raster layer from two rasters using this button? I would like to generate a table to show the differences. Any ideas? I tried raster to polygon and got way too many features from all the pixel values. My difference raster is of building footprints. It would be nice to have one average pixel value per footprint equaling one feature rather than thousands of features for each pixel value per footprint.

ArcGIS Pro

Can you clip a MrSID file in arcmap?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Prashant_MukeshMangtani
Esri Contributor

Brandon,

If you know the range of pixel values that match the "footprints" that you are trying to extract, then you can use the remap function to reclass those values in the difference raster to one value (say 1) and remap all other values to another value (say 0). Running the Raster to polygon tool after that should produce better results.

Let me know if that worked.

-Prashant

BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Prashant. I have decided not to go that route for now. I was running the difference on aerial imageries that are a year apart from each other and are not the same resolution. I am simply now trying to do supervised classification on the imagery with the damage. Not the best results so far.  80 percent detection between burned and not burned. There are nearly 2000 burned houses so trying to manually spot them would not be ideal.  Any ideas on how to increase the classification accuracy?

0 Kudos