Multidimensional values wrong in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
05-05-2022 12:27 PM
Labels (2)
JosephRhodes2
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working with multidimensional (grib2) raster data, and values for many (but not all) of the variables are incorrect when added to an ArcGIS Pro map (Add Data --> Multidimensional Raster Layer). Here's one example, which is wave direction:

The values when added to ArcGIS Pro:

JosephRhodes2_0-1651778456380.png

The values when the same data is added to QGIS:

JosephRhodes2_1-1651778529041.png

The same incorrect values are also produced when publishing to ArcGIS Image as a hosted imagery layer. Does anyone have insight on why this might be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Joseph,

There could be an issue in previous release on reading compressed data, but it has been fixed.  The top layer is multidimensional raster layer where the min and max in the legend is on-the-fly estimated values. the second layer is the CRF here the statistics is calculated by scanning all pixels. it is in Pro 3.0 beta 1.

HongXu_0-1651793621896.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Joseph,

can you send me your data? or point me to the url that you get from

Hong Xu

0 Kudos
JosephRhodes2

Thanks Hong Xu. You can download the data at the link below. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

https://civiclens-demos.s3.amazonaws.com/maritime_global_20220505.t00z_168h.grib2 

0 Kudos
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Joseph,

There could be an issue in previous release on reading compressed data, but it has been fixed.  The top layer is multidimensional raster layer where the min and max in the legend is on-the-fly estimated values. the second layer is the CRF here the statistics is calculated by scanning all pixels. it is in Pro 3.0 beta 1.

HongXu_0-1651793621896.png

JosephRhodes2

Thanks Hong Xu. Is there any way for me to get access to the Pro 3.0 beta? Or any other advice for making this data usable in the ArcGIS platform while we wait for the 3.0 release?

0 Kudos
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

we can add you to the 3.0 Beta program if you can provide name and email address.

0 Kudos
JosephRhodes2

Thanks again. I'll send that info via DM.

0 Kudos