Mosaic dataset image colours are different from original image.

Jump to solution
02-05-2019 05:27 AM
Labels (1)
BenasPekarskis1
New Contributor II

Hello,

Can I please ask how to replicate colour settings for mosaic dataset so it is displayed as the original? 

I have Image tiles that I load into mosaic dataset. Later I define and build overviews.

But when I compare Original Tile to the Mosaic DataSet I see that colours of Mosaic Dataset are different. Colours of Mosaic DataSet are a bit pale. See image below:

Does it have to do with the compression of overviews? But the colour is pale even though I zoom in to the scale of original image. 

Any help appreciated. 

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I assume this is the same answer I gave a day ago to another question:

Have you properly set the MosaicDataset Property "SourceType"?
Your description indicates that your desktop tries to stretch the data. You can avoid that by setting the source type property from its (assumed) default of "Generic" to "Processed". This will let ArcGIS assume the data is like you want it to be and when adding to the TOC no Stretching will be applied.

Guenter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I assume this is the same answer I gave a day ago to another question:

Have you properly set the MosaicDataset Property "SourceType"?
Your description indicates that your desktop tries to stretch the data. You can avoid that by setting the source type property from its (assumed) default of "Generic" to "Processed". This will let ArcGIS assume the data is like you want it to be and when adding to the TOC no Stretching will be applied.

Guenter

BenasPekarskis1
New Contributor II

Guenter,

Thank you for a prompt reply. I will take a look at your suggestion and implement settings as per you reply. 

Will get back to you with my results. 

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
TraceStanford1
New Contributor III

This is almost 4 years old but this post solved a problem that has been driving me insane for years. THANK YOU

0 Kudos