mission in site scan manager with more than 2500 photos

Jump to solution
10-14-2021 03:21 PM
CaSuárez
New Contributor II

I need to create a flight mission from site scan manager for a project that has more than 2500 photographs since it was a fairly large area that was modeled. I would like to know how I can upload and process them from the site scan manager since I see the announcement of a limit of 2500 images per flight.

thanks greetings

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

CaSuárez 

You can actually load more that 2500. This is a recommended makimum per mission. You can also load your images into multiple missions and then merge them into one mission as well. So the below screen shot where I have five missions but one final merged product

Gordon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

CaSuárez 

You can actually load more that 2500. This is a recommended makimum per mission. You can also load your images into multiple missions and then merge them into one mission as well. So the below screen shot where I have five missions but one final merged product

Gordon

CaSuárez
New Contributor II

Thanks very much, @GordonSumerling , for your answer, .

Currently, I am worked on a project over a large area where we take than 20000 images, in this sense related to your answer I have to split my project into eight missions, and then I have to merge all in one merge mission. But, my question is if a merge mission could support this number of images within compromise the quality of the final product?

Another question is related to if there is an automatic mode for split big projects, or I have to select manually the images for each mission?. If I do the division of my project in missions manually as you suggest, how do I guarantee the overlap between each mission?

thanks greeting

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello CaSuárez,

Now your sizes of photos is starting to get up there and your possibly reaching the upper limits of what the software can process in on job. Suggestion is to start to incorporate ArcGIS Mosaic Datasets and Image Services into your workflows

When the size of the missions do get large it is better to capture missions and process them as they are captured. Then download the output Ortho's into a repository in your designated storage location. You can then either create a Mosaic dataset out of these and publish to ArcGis Enterprise or directly load them to Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online and create a Tiled Image Service. 

0 Kudos