Manage Map server Cache Tiles Scales are blank

Jump to solution
02-07-2014 04:37 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to test my ArcGIS server 10.2.1. I create a map service cache [ATTACH=CONFIG]31222[/ATTACH], i did not get an error after define scales. on my site, i wanted to edit my service but my page just got blank, it did not upload to show me the service options [ATTACH=CONFIG]31223[/ATTACH] and when I try to manage my Cache Tiles, after select the service I want to create a cache for, it do not show me the scales to select them and create the tiles it just stay blank and it is the same behaviour for all my cache services. [ATTACH=CONFIG]31224[/ATTACH]

Any one has any idea why could it be happening? any suggestion?

hope you can help!

Diego Llamas
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Are you trying to manage your cache tiles using the Server ArcToolbox tools?  If so, there is a bug with this tool where the scales do not populate.

The workaround is to access the tiles by right-clicking on the mapservice in ArcCatalog (using at least a publishing connection) then select Manage Cache and then Manage Tiles.  The scales should now be populated correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Are you trying to manage your cache tiles using the Server ArcToolbox tools?  If so, there is a bug with this tool where the scales do not populate.

The workaround is to access the tiles by right-clicking on the mapservice in ArcCatalog (using at least a publishing connection) then select Manage Cache and then Manage Tiles.  The scales should now be populated correctly.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: diegollamas

Thank you very much, this worked.

have a nice day!
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
I thought ESRI was going to fix the Server toolbox at v10.2.1, but since it is not working for you at that version this bug has not yet been fixed.

You might want to indicate that your issue was answered so others can access your thread to solve the same issue.
0 Kudos