LAS Dataset to Raster Error

08-03-2015 08:47 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good Morning Everyone,

I am currently having an error while taking a LAS Dataset file and created a Raster. My end goal is to use the Raster for 1 foot contours for a current map I am creating for my Environmental team. As I ran the geoprocessing tool on ArcGIS, the error states, "Error 999999: Error executing function." With the more detailed error session stating, "The specified file or folder does not exist". If you anyone has an idea what might be going wrong with the process, I would love to figure it out and learn something new.

Overall goal: To create a map with 1 foot contours at 1:3000 scale. Buildings to be excluded and ground elevation the only desired attribute/feature class. If there is anything else I should explain, let me know. Thanks.

Very Respectfully,

Zachary J. Roy

11 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

For the point spacing, all you have to do is look at the properties of the LAS Dataset.  Here is the help documentation.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

In terms of your error, I wouldn't be surprised if your file size is pretty large. I would consider trying to clip it down to estimate the size of the total export.  The 999999 errors could be for a number of reasons, so I would just try to eliminate the possibilities.

I would also recommend using the 3D Samples tool to export tiled rasters. The samples can be accessed at 3D Samples.

deleted-user-sBBlTZilBs4n
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am having issues with the ‘LAS Dataset to Raster’ tool. I am trying to create an intensity map of first returns and have filtered the points as such prior to trying this tool. I followed Esri’s ‘Creating intensity images from lidar in ArcGIS’ instructions http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/las-dataset/lidar-solutions-creating-intensity-.... Details of my inputs are in the image below (2.58 is 4x my point size).

I would expect to see an intensity plot ranging from 0-255. Instead, the computation completed ‘successfully’ but the data did not display and the Value ranged from -128-127 (pictured below).

I am using 10.5 (both ArcMap and Scene) with Windows 7.

Many thanks in advance!

Brent 

0 Kudos