Is there some way to modify the pixel type of a mosaic raster?

11-09-2018 10:11 AM
WillyDeng
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm attempting to run zonal statistics on a mosaiced data-set but I am encountering the following error code: 

The input is not within the defined domain. ERROR 000863. Invalid GP data type. 

The input data-set is in the double precision type. I've read that the input should be in the integer data type. Is there some way to modify the raster layers? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

moved to Imagery and Remote Sensing‌ since it is languishing unfound in this place

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you have a floating point (aka, double) raster, then simply take the Int(eger) of it

Int—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Now for most scenarios, this won't be a big issue, save the decimals get rounded/truncated, but if that is going to be an issue, then you may need to scale the values up by a factor of 10 to retain the decimal scale you need.

(ie data are between 0 and 1.5... you can scale up to 0 and 15 by multiplying Times—Help | ArcGIS Desktop by 10)

You can do your zonal statistics summaries, but you will have to 'undo' the math because of the scaling.... none is necessary if scaling isn't needed.

WillyDeng
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response! 

0 Kudos