Is there a way to optimize the process of raster proxy generation using Optimize raster tool.

11-11-2021 01:38 AM
harvyas
New Contributor

Hi all 

I am using Optimize raster tool to create raster proxy files for TIFF data. These proxy files are then being used to feed mosaic datasets. 

I am looking to optimize this whole process as the raster proxy creation is consuming lot of time. I have sets of 300 files(RGB tiff) and the process keeps on running for days. Sometimes this process also gets stuck. The process gets stuck after copying of temporary files to input directory. 

Any help will be appriciated. 

Thanks 

hv

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chamlika
New Contributor

Hi,
  I’d like to know more on the context how the raster proxy files get generated in your workflow. Few questions like, is the input raster path on cloud and the cloud type (AWS|Azure) used, or is the input locally present on disk. It also looks like the proxy generation is automated, perhaps through custom code to process 300 rasters at a time, can you verity if that’s the case. For now it looks like it’s either processing more than 300 rasters at a time taking up more time than expected, or the errors in between while processing/reading the input source disrupts the automated workflow. Also not clear when you said the  (temporary files get copied to input). Need little more info on that statement.  Generating of raster proxies is a quick process and should take that long, let’s see if we could find the reason behind this. If possible, please share any screenshots that show the input parameters used with any confidential data hashed out. 

Thanks! 
Chamlika 

0 Kudos