Integration with Bently Microstation 8i

05-03-2011 03:18 AM
KiranShakya2
New Contributor
Dear All,

With Bently Microstation 8i and Microstation client for ArcGIS Image server I am not able to connect to ArcGIS Image Server 9.2 (soon upgrading to 10) and display images.  Previously it was possible with older version of Bently Microstation  Now it gives me some error like "Dll Loader: unable to find isclientc.dll" and so on.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me on this. 
Thank you in advnace

Kiran
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Be sure you are using the most updated MicroStation Client.

They should all be backward compatible.  This one is compatible with MicroStation 8.05 and 8.09 (V8 XM).
0 Kudos
KiranShakya2
New Contributor
Thank you Jeff for your quick reply. 

Does this means, if I install Image Server 10 and shift all my services there and use Microstation Image Server client 10.  It will be working on Microstation 8i?

I too have second query too :).  How can I load images from Image Server to ArcScene 10?  I have a 3D model in ArcScene and I want to put Aerial photo (from Image Server) as a background.

Thank you for the idea and support

Kiran Shakya
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Since the clients are backward compatible, I believe by installing the latest version, the version of Microstation should be able to see the image service. I am not sure if upgrading versions of ArcGIS Image Server will correct the issue, from your previous description it appeared that issue was that the service was not seen at that version of Microstation.  The new client should allow the image service to be seen if the versions are now compatible. 

You cannot add Image Services to ArcScene, only ArcGlobe and ArcMap.

Per help, "You can simply add ArcGIS Online maps or imagery as a basemap layer in your ArcMap or ArcGlobe documents (as well as in ArcGIS Explorer)."
0 Kudos