FMV Video Player .exe?

09-27-2017 09:36 AM
BenjaminSumners
New Contributor II

I would like to enable hyperlinks to open the video within the FMV Video Player.  Is this possible?  The Video Source field allows you to open the video within Windows Media Player (or whatever that extension is associated with), but I would like to associate it with the FMV Video Player.  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

I believe the answer is "no" but we may be able to help you find a workaround if you can describe more fully what you are seeking to do.

1) you mention "the Video Source field" - are you referring to an *.AGV file?  About the AGV file video source tags—Help | ArcGIS Desktop   If not, I'm unclear on where that field is.  Do you have a table or feature class with video links in it?

2) I'm not clear if you mean "I am running ArcMap and I want to click on a record in {some feature class} and have it automatically load a video into the FMV player" or something else, like "I have a spreadsheet with a listing of videos in MS Excel, and when I click a video link, I want it to open ArcMap and then load FMV (instead of opening Windows Media Player)".

If you mean using the Hyperlinks capabilities in ArcGIS Desktop (Using Hyperlinks—Help | ArcGIS Desktop ) then I don't believe there's a way to automate loading into FMV, but we could discuss here to to be sure...

Thanks

Cody B

0 Kudos
BenjaminSumners
New Contributor II

Thanks Cody.  

1) I was referring to an attribute that's created in the metadata feature classes you export from the video.  It's just a direct path to the video file, in my case a *.ts file.  For discussion sake, this could even be a line representing the path of the flight, that had an attribute field with a direct or relative path to the FMV *.ts file.

2) If I make this path a hotlink, it will open the video file referenced in the Video_Source field of the attribute table, but does so in Windows Media Player.  I was curious if there was a way to have it open within the FMV Video Player instead, whether through a script (which I'm not very good at) or if the FMV Video Player was an actual *.exe somewhere I could associate the extension with.

0 Kudos