FMV for ArcMap versions/issues

08-21-2018 09:44 PM
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

When trying to install FMV 1.4 Geoprocessing Tools for ArcMap 10.6.1 it says something like "10.6 is required" and fails to install, and I also noticed there is no FMV available under the 10.6.1. downloads at MyEsri.  What is the ETA on FMV compatible for ArcMap 10.6.1 ?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Will

apologies for the delay on this.  We missed a step in the latest build, so we're having to build another version for 10.7.1.  I'll hope to update this post within a few days

Cody B. 

0 Kudos
Will
by

Just another friendly reminder about the need for the 10.7.1 installer.. no urgent need here, but will need eventually.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Will
by

Need the FMV for 10.7.1 installer now, thanks!  (might as well create one for 10.8 while you're at it 

0 Kudos
FugroICT
New Contributor II

When this will be available for 10.7.1?

Below message when I m trying to install FMV

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Full Motion Video 1.4.1 for ArcGIS 10.7.1 is now available for our users to download from My Esri. 

Version 1.4.1 now supports both 10.7 and 10.7.1.

The Full Motion Video download is located under Products/ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1/Apps. Alternately you can click on Apps in the left navigation and search for Full Motion Video.

The software requires a license that may be requested from the Full Motion Video License Request link on My Esri in the ‘Get Started’ section at the top of the Desktop download page.

0 Kudos
Will
by

Hi Cody, thanks.  The updated FMV for 10.7.x is now on MyEsri, so I downloaded and installed it today.  It seems different from the last 10.7.x installer in that there is only one file, an .exe, but it does appear to install the FMV Geoprocessing Tools. Previously, I think there was a .zip that contained the FMV Geoprocessing Tools installer as well as the Add-In file and PDF install/user guide documents, and the install guide advised people to double click the .esriAddIn file.  However, now the .exe file appears to extract all that stuff to this path:

C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\ArcGIS 10.7\FullMotionVideo

So I had to go to that path to find the .esriAddIn file and double-click it - just FYI as some of that may be different than what's described in the documentation.  

Anyway, it all seems to work so far for ArcMap 10.7.1, so thanks for making this available.

With ArcMap 10.8 likely being released in the next month or two, can you please have an FMV installer ready for that version as well?  Since FMV for ArcMap is basically free whereas FMV capability for ArcGIS Pro is not (req. Image Analyst extension), the ArcMap option is very important to maintain for us FMV'ers as long as new ArcMap versions keep being released.

Thanks again,

Will

0 Kudos
ToddHelt
New Contributor III

Hi Cody, we have been at ArcMap 10.7.1 for ~3 months, went straight from 10.4.1 and were using FMV 1.3.2. I just downloaded and attempted to install the newly released FMV 1.4.1  for 10.7.1. According to the documentation with this new FMV release, BEFORE we ever upgraded to ArcMap 10.7.1, we were supposed to have uninstalled FMV 10.4.1 from ArcMap 10.4.1? Huh? Is that correct?? Not sure how we would have known that. So uninstaller is now choking, see message below. Is there a work around to get FMV functioning if we are already at 10.7.1?

Thanks,
Todd

0 Kudos
ToddHelt
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
Will
by

Look in the add/remove programs list, and if there's an "ArcGIS FMV Geoprocessing Tools" installed, try uninstalling it there, then also go into ArcMap - Customize menu - Add-In Manager and then delete any pre-existing Full Motion Video add-ins. After that, the 10.7.1. FMV install may work?

0 Kudos
ToddHelt
New Contributor III

Thanks Will, that seemed to work for me, I am just now seeing how you mentioned "just FYI as some of that may be different than what's described in the documentation" lol you got that right brother, seems the new installer may take a couple steps out of the April 2019 install documentation. But just glad it seems to work.

0 Kudos