FMV Extract Video Frames for Orthomosaic Tool Issue

04-27-2022 09:34 PM
Labels (1)
SebastianMartinez1
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I am working with underwater ROV footage in ArcGIS Desktop using the Full Motion Video (FMV) Extension. I am running into an issue producing imagery from the video using the Extract Video Frames for Orthomosaic tool where the tool will not process the video. 

I receive the following error messages:  "Value cannot be null." "Parameter name: source"

I have processed the video prior with the Video Multiplexer tool with the 11 recommended MISB metadata values listed in the FMV manual. I noticed in the manual under the section for the Extract Video Frames for Orthomosaic tool that one of the metadata outputs for images produced is "Video Source" which may be the issue, but I am unsure how to resolve this in the video metadata as the multiplexer restricts the inputs to the MISB labels.

I selected this tool specifically as I need the output images to contain the metadata in an EXIF header, which the other geoprocessing tools appear unable to do. Unfortunately, corresponding CSV files containing metadata will not work for my needs.

Has anyone run into this issue or can advise on a possible solution?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Sebastian

This could be a number of issues - I should be able to help but need more information.

1) you say " ArcGIS Desktop using the Full Motion Video (FMV) Extension" so I assume you mean ArcMap, not ArcGIS Pro?   if correct, which version of ArcMap?

2) does your video (after multiplexing) appear correctly in the map, with an appropriately sized footprint?   I want to be sure the multiplexing was successful before going into the "extract frames" tool

Cody B

0 Kudos
SebastianMartinez1
New Contributor

Hey Cody,

1) Yes, I meant ArcMap (v. 10.8.1). Sorry, I am a student so I'm still familiarizing myself with the terminology!

2) It appears on the map, but I do not see a footprint. The path and direction of the video show, but since this is from an ROV perhaps the footprint is too small for me to see since I am observing such a small area compared to an UAV?

Let me know if this helps!

-Sebastian

0 Kudos