FMV 1.3.1 with DJI Phantom 4

07-28-2016 11:35 PM
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

I need help figuring out how to use FMV 1.3.1 with ArcMap 10.4.1 and a DJI Phantom 4 drone.  The .mp4 and .mov video files I've created from the drone aren't recognized by the "Add an Archived Video" option.  Could this be because they are not MISB compliant and don't contain the required metadata?  If so, I'm also having trouble locating the necessary metadata information to use with the Mutiplexer tool.  I've read about .srt files with the Phantom 3 that contain such metadata, but I can't find any such files with the Phantom 4 video files.   Anyone have insight on this process?  Thanks.

34 Replies
AaronWoods
New Contributor III

Aloha JLiedtke-esristaff,

I just wanted to touch base again and check on the progress of the DJI->FMV workflow.  I'm super anxious to try it out.

Mahalo,

Aaron Woods

0 Kudos
JeffLiedtke
Esri Contributor

Aloha Aaron,

Still working on the workflow - sorry it is taking awhile.  Please contact me directly via email so I can give you a status on progress.  jliedtke@esri.com

Mahalo,

Jeff

0 Kudos
BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

Any updates on the Workflow ?

Thanks.

JeffLiedtke
Esri Contributor

Hello Bledar Birbo,

We continue to work with CompassDrone (Professional DJI Dealer) on an integrated solution for working with your DJI drone data in Esri FMV.  We are making good progress with data from the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 systems, and will then focus on the Phantom 4, Inspire 1 Pro, Mavic and Matrice systems next.   The goal is to provide a solution that easily converts your metadata into a CSV file that is directly input into the FMV video multiplexer - along with your video data -  for conversion into a single MISB-compliant video file for viewing and analysis in FMV.  We expect to have a workable solution for the initial systems (P3 and Inspire1) in December.  Thanks for your continued interest and patience. 

Jeff

TrevorAllen1
New Contributor

Critigen have developed a Python script that converts the DJI Inspire drone flight log into Esri-compatible CSV for the TEAM2100 programme in London, UK.

www.linkedin.com/hp/update/6212673392852635648

JeffLiedtke
Esri Contributor

Trevor,

Many Thanks for the heads up.  Can you provide a link to the download?

Jeff

0 Kudos
VytautasGipiskis
Esri Contributor

Found this one. Looks like easy one:

https://compassdrone.com/software/dji2fmv/ 

Demo:

DJI2FMV - YouTube 

SarahPitcher-Campbell
New Contributor II

Hi Jeff, how is progress going?

0 Kudos