Extracting building footprints Deep Learning modal

03-16-2021 03:16 AM
Labels (1)
MohanaDeviP
New Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, for extracting building footprints from raster using detect object deep learning tool with extracting building footprint modal(DLPK). tools executes successfully , but result layer does not contains any output features..??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

everything is set up correctly?

Esri/deep-learning-frameworks: Installation support for Deep Learning Frameworks for the ArcGIS Syst...

PS

Move the post to 

Imagery and Remote Sensing Questions - Esri Community

since it isn't an arcgis pro question

Did you try with existing pre-packed data?

Introducing ready-to-use geospatial deep learning ... - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MohanaDeviP
New Contributor
I have tried modal with my own raster data... where can i get existing
pre-packed data..??
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

from the first link

Living Atlas of the World | ArcGIS

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

I have tried it on the ESRI World Imagery Service in Woodland, California - exact same spot as shown in this Story Map . I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2 with standard Deep Learning Framework installed. My deep learning setup is working perfectly as I have trained and detected numerous different MaskRCNN models. The model ran for 22 minutes and no footprints were returned. I even lowered the threshold to 0.2. I downloaded the ESRI pretrained model today. Parameters and settings to reproduce are in the attached screenshot.

I also tried it on our own 10cm aerial photography and footprints are returned ok. Not sure why the world imagery service doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

@MohanaDeviP if you want an aerial image to test with, there is a nice 10cm orthophoto from Ireland for download on this page: https://www.bluesky-world.ie/downloads 

I have attached an image of the footprints I detected in the northwest corner of that image. If you can detect footprints with this image then that would suggest that your own imagery might not be usable with the ESRI model.

0 Kudos