Drone2Map projections off

12-03-2020 10:13 AM
Labels (3)
Pilartes
New Contributor II

For some reason, the point cloud and textured meshes a I generate using Drone2Map do not fall where they are supposed to when using ground control as check points, but they do when using ground control as GCP. I've quadruple checked the datums/coordinate systems used and they are not the issue. Has anyone encountered this issue before or may have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

My guess, when GCP's are used as control points the project get shifted/translated to the "best fit" location. If using the GCP's just for check you should see error/biases in the check-points similar to the calculated translation.

0 Kudos
Pilartes
New Contributor II

It appears this might be related to Drone2Map having known issues when using imagery collected in reference systems other than WGS84 (which is my case).

0 Kudos
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Ok, so your reference system (in the image EXIF's) are not WGS84? Never tried that myself. Just used poor (GPS code) lat/long from EXIF's in WGS84 and then located properly using GCP's. From your first description I got the impression this was the case for you as well. I am happy to take a look if you can share a few images.

0 Kudos