Drone2Map - No Points After Expansion

08-30-2021 07:05 AM
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to generate a point cloud for one of my most recent drone flights.  I am getting an error at the end of my processing that says "No Points After Expansion" and "Processing Failed".  The Point cloud is never created.  I searched the help and can't find anything related to this error.  

Anyone have some insight?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Andrew,

This is an unusual error. The first thing that comes to mind here is the dense factor in the initial processing. I would possibly increase the point density.

There may be other factors such asimage overlap, amount of image being processed, surface variablity and the ability to detect tie points. 

Without some samples and an idea of the flight pattern, it is fairly difficult to diagnose this.

Gordon

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Gordon,

Thank you for the reply.  I will try re-processing with the point density to set to "High" and I will also try increasing the image scale to "1 (Original Size)".

There are approximately 1200 images for this project area.  The surface is fairly flat with some mixed vegetation.  here is a screen shot:

Snag_23d0752e.png

I tried running the project again last night (before making the adjustments above) and received the following error:

Snag_23d20479.png

Is there any other information that might be helpful to diagnose this problem? 

0 Kudos