Drone2Map for ArcGIS: XML file validation failed with current XSD

07-07-2016 12:52 PM
MikeGregotski
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I'm working with Drone2Map for ArcGIS (final release) and I can't get it to process  drone imagery that worked in beta. I get the message below that an XML file validation failed:

drone2map.PNG

Odd thing is that the sample data that comes with the software can be processed.

When comparing the underlying .p4d XML files that get generated by Drone2Map I see some minor differences between the sample data and my data but nothing that points to an error.

Anyone got their own imagery to work with Drone2Map for ArcGIS final or have a suggestion to solve this?

Thanks,
Mike

8 Replies
RadekKuttelwascher
Esri Contributor

Mike, I have experienced the same issue. When I transformed my GPS coordinates CSV file from local coordinate system (S-JTSK - 102067) to WGS84, then it worked for me correctly.

AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Mike,

The error you are seeing indicates that we are seeing some issues with the project's P4D file. If you use the following workflow, does the error disappear?

1) Run the creation process in Drone2Map, let it fail

2) Close Drone2Map

3) Navigate to the project's process folder: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Drone2Map Projects\<PROJECT>\process"

4) Open the Project's P4D file (<Project>.p4d) in a text editor

5) Remove all of the tags regarding "Yaw", "Pitch", and "Roll". These will be under the ORI tag ( you should be able to find and replace with the following search:  <ori.*/>  )

6) Save the file

7) Reopen the Project in Drone2Map

😎 Rerun the creation process (accept the overwrite warning)

If this doesn't work, please feel free to open up a tech support case with us so we can take a peek at what may be going on.

Cheers,
Andy

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos
MikeGregotski
Esri Contributor

Thank you Andrew,

A colleague has started working with tech support behind the scenes and they have indicated that there is an issue with the yaw, pitch and roll like you mentioned.  I'll give the workaround a try and let you know how it goes.

Mike

0 Kudos
AlejandroMartorell_Reig
New Contributor

I'm sorry but I have this problem and I can't solution with your indication. Can you help me? My english is very bad but.... Are the problem: images or program?. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

We are releasing an update to Drone2Map next week that will resolve the issue with imagery containing Yaw, Pitch, and Roll data.

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
OddbjørnLarsen1
New Contributor II

Tested Drone2Map (1.0.1) today for the first time, and still got this error message. DJI phantom 3 advanced.

0 Kudos
AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to work with me on this Oddbjørn!

We identified the issue is related to the Region settings applied in windows. For others getting this error, please change your Region format to English (United States) and it should resolve this issue.

We will fix this in the next release.

Thanks,

Tony Mason

Product Manager - Drone2Map

ClairePook
New Contributor

Hi Tony,

I'm working with Drone2Map (1.0.0.464) in the UK, and am also experiencing this issue, with the same error message:

We have tried the suggestions above, but with no success.

I have changed my computer's region to English (United States), and my project's P4D file doesn't appear to have an ORI tag.

The GPS coordinates of my images are British National Grid (27700), as are the coordinates of my GCP's. Do you think this might be a coordinate system issue? We tried running the same project without defining the coordinate system first(defaulted to WGS84), and seemed to work fine.

Could this be related to the version of the software that we are currently working with?

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos