Drone2map flight path change

04-24-2019 01:32 PM
deleted-user-7DCz1T2FuzMM
New Contributor

I have  a small area that I'm trying to create 2D products for. My flight path is an aerial grid and I have 55 images.I added surveyed GCPs and linked 3 of the GCPs to ~14 images each. My overlap was 80% at 350 feet. I looked at the images before loading them into the project and they look good. When I start the project, everything looks fine, but after processing it's a mess. The grid flight path changes to a tangled mess and the orthomosaic image is also a jumbled mess. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, as I have followed the same workflow that I have in the past with success. I am attaching some before and after pictures. Please let me know if you have any idea as to why my output looks like this.

This is what my project looks like before processing.

This is what it looks like after.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Michael

please look at your Z values, and verify if the images have good height values representing height above sea level (not height above ground).

If these images are from a DJI drone, especially a Mavic, please adjust the Z values before processing.  I have seen problems with attempting to fix the Z values after an initial process has been run; Bad Z values will generate an erroneous focal length, so you may need to start a new project.

(Don't worry about having to re-measure all of your control points - you can *export* the control points from your existing project, and import them into the new project)

If you need more detail, let us know

Cody B.

0 Kudos