DISPLAY attached pic's from arcgis online on a data frame

04-07-2014 12:46 AM
yoavfarago
New Contributor
hey
im using arcgis online and arcmap 10.2.1
i have a polygone feature service online and i made a local copy (that gave my the layer, the attachment table and the sync file beween the both) so i can make DDP based maps/
each feature has a .jpg attachment  that i'd like to put on my DPP/
how do i do it???
TNKs
Ofer
0 Kudos
3 Replies
larryzhang1
New Contributor III
hey
im using arcgis online and arcmap 10.2.1
i have a polygone feature service online and i made a local copy (that gave my the layer, the attachment table and the sync file beween the both) so i can make DDP based maps/
each feature has a .jpg attachment  that i'd like to put on my DPP/
how do i do it???
TNKs
Ofer

Yoav,

If understanding correctly, please read the link at http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2013/07/22/map-tour-story-map-template-updates/ for reference.

With the above template of 'Map Tour', good idea to directly use Yahoo! Flicker photos in ArcGIS Online. Of course, you can also import all photos into ArcGIS Online...

++++++++

If the security is one of major concerns in your organization, the Portal for ArcGIS can be used as enterprise �??cloud�??, which should be combined with enterprise RDBMS /SDE (managing photos and  feature class with geotagged photos) and ArcGIS Server  (feature class service)�?�
0 Kudos
yoavfarago
New Contributor
hey
FOA TNKS
and now...
thats not what i need
i have a feature service on my online web map.
and like to make a map on my desktop.
so after creating a local  copy i got the attahcments table and the syncronize  file.
now how can i disply thise attached .jpg on the layout view
0 Kudos
deleted-user-1T_bOHag6M8d
Occasional Contributor

Hi Yoav,

I also needed this capability and discovered how to do this. I'm using 10.2.1, so I don't know if it works with previous versions.

You must insert a picture into the layout via "Insert - Picture". I had to insert an actual picture as a placeholder.

Then right-click on the Picture and open the Properties. In the "Picture" tab, change the radio box to "Attachment from Data Driven Pages". The Name filter isn't necessary unless you want to set a wildcard. More info here: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//00s900000022000000

Now the placeholder picture should be automatically replaced with the attachment. Obviously this only works with images, not videos or other documents.

0 Kudos