Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree - prepare_data problem

11-12-2019 05:32 AM
MichalRuš
New Contributor II

Hello,

this is my first post on this forum. I'm new to the concept of Deep Learning and I'm following the lesson "Use Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree Health". I was able to follow this tutorial without a problem until I got stuck on prepare_data function with the following error:

prepare_data function error message

So I followed the suggestion and tried to install those packages again with the following result:

conda installation result

However that did not help. So I tried to install the latest versions of those packages as following:

That did not help either. So now I'm asking what am I doing wrong ?

My PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti with latest drivers

Latest NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit and cuDNN package installed.

I use ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2 trial

I haven't tested the Deep Learning tools in ArcGIS Pro yet. I suppose I have all necessary HW and SW installed to run either Pytorch or TensorFlow on my GPU but I don't want to do this before this problem is solved. Any possible testing would not make sense anyway without solving this issue. Anyone else got this problem ?

Thanks !

deep_learning #palm_trees prepare_data

34 Replies
JozsefSzatmari
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to follow the lesson "Use Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree Health".  I got stuck on Train Deep Lerning Model with the following error:

I've Pro 2.5, Python 1.7.0. installed with fastai 1.0.54, pytorch 1.1.0. What's wrong, is there any advice from the ESRI department on how to solve this problem? Thanks!

0 Kudos
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

Please try these steps for installation

Install deep learning frameworks for ArcGIS—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Also - which locale is your system set to? (US English?)

0 Kudos
JozsefSzatmari
New Contributor II
Hello, I created a brand  new deeplearning_1 environment following the tool reference (Install deep learning frameworks for ArcGIS) and I've changed the local to US English, but the error message is the same. How can I check the dependency to the active python environment?
image.png
0 Kudos
JozsefSzatmari
New Contributor II

Hello, I've found the problem! My deeplearning Py environment is OK, but I've modified the settings Export training data of lesson Palm tree Health, original:Use Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree HealthUse Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree HealthUse Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree Health

Modified: Image format: tif; Tile size(x,y): 256. And it works! Thanks!

WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Fantastic!  Thank you for this update.  I'm glad it worked. 

0 Kudos