Deep Learning Model - Property/Lot Shape

01-11-2022 01:14 AM
Labels (2)
Banjo_Rose
New Contributor

I am trying to use deep learning to classify the shape of properties/lots into categories such as: rectangular, square, irregular, corner, battle-axe (flagpole), and triangular.

I first combine road and lot/property data, then convert this to raster.

The raster has values as:

road = 1

property/lot = 2,

blank = 0 (I also used a -0.5m buffer to create small gap between lots).

I then created a new polygon layer and labelled each property to the correct shape, using values to represent the shape type; 1, 2, 3 ,4 etc. I then used the Export Training Data For Deep Learning, using the road and property as the raster file, and polygon as the input feature class.

This produced the attached 'example' image (exports to tiff, but provided here as pdf).

I trained the model at the same export tile size of 2560, and just used the single shot detector.

When I run the model, it works without issue (and creates vectors) however no useful result is achieved as show in the attached 'export'.

I am clearly doing something very wrong, but tutorials online seem to only be for satellite imagery and much smaller objects. 

Any follow up questions, knowledge or advice would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Banjo_Rose
New Contributor

I have also just noticed that the second last sample image within the 'model_metric' appears to be what I would expect the model to produce, however I am not able to generate anything like this when using the model.

0 Kudos
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II
Hi, Could you please share the details that how many samples you collected
under each class?
0 Kudos