Clipping SLPK Mesh

Jump to solution
08-16-2019 07:50 AM
cdickerson
New Contributor III

Working in either Pro, Drone2Map, or ArcScene; is there a way to clip an SLPK layer that effects the actual data?  Currently, the only way I've been able to clip the feature is with the dataframe but that does not translate to published hosted features in ArcGIS Online or in Portal.  

Background: Flew a series of flights with a Mavic Pro and segmented my flights by battery life. The data was processed and the SLPK Mesh features were created in Drone2Map. For performance reasons I would like to process each area separately and publish to either ArcGIS Online or Portal but each captured area has additional renderings that are outside of the area of interest that are not that great of quality.  Looking for a way to segment the areas of interest and assemble a larger project area in a Web Scene. The following screenshot highlight the area of interest within a SLPK.

Thanks in advance

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, 

I saw your post in a separate idea so I thought I would post here. In ArcGIS Pro 2.7 you can 'modify' an integrated mesh (Clip, mask, replace) and then maintain those modifications to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/modify-integrated-mesh-layer....

In 2.8 (To be released April/May) you will be able to use the Clip tool to permanently clip an integrated mesh scene layer package.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, 

I saw your post in a separate idea so I thought I would post here. In ArcGIS Pro 2.7 you can 'modify' an integrated mesh (Clip, mask, replace) and then maintain those modifications to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/modify-integrated-mesh-layer....

In 2.8 (To be released April/May) you will be able to use the Clip tool to permanently clip an integrated mesh scene layer package.