Clipping NDVI raster to polygons inverts data

05-07-2021 10:14 PM
Cheriejn
New Contributor II

Hi everybody! I have been struggling to clip my NDVI dataset to two polygons surrounding my research sites. When I do so it gives me this weird outcome where the values are seemingly inverted. You can see in the image the original is on the right and the clipped is on the left. The color ramp is the same for both. I'm wondering what I may have done wrong here? Is there a different process for clipping something like this? Basically i just want to get to the point where I can compare NDVI based on the areas of my two research sites. I don't know if there is maybe another way to get around this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean the color ramp of the clipped raster gets inverted, as compared to the original NDVI Raster?

In what format are you saving the output raster?

Think Location
0 Kudos
Cheriejn
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta, 

Weirdly the color ramp stays the same. So all the lower value points in the original are higher value in the clipped version and vice versa. I'm not sure what you mean by what format? When I run the tool it just saves it as a raster dataset. 

0 Kudos
Aaron
by
New Contributor II

Did you find a solution to this?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The format of the Raster (File GDB Raster dataset, TIFF, IMG, etc)?

Does clicking the pixels in the same place also gives opposite values in popup? Then there some issue with the process.

In case the values are same (and symbology is different), then

- remove the clipped layer, add the layer again.

- Execute the Clip tool again. Save the output raster in TIFF format (*.tif) in a basic folder (not inside a GDB).

- Restart ArcGIS Pro.

Think Location
0 Kudos