Changing Colors of a TIFF file

Jump to solution
01-25-2023 03:09 PM
Labels (1)
010_Apiis_HafidzAbdillahnull
New Contributor II

Hey, I just add my tiff image to arcgis and I want to change the colors. After I change the colors of the raster file, I exported it. But, the file I have exported still use the same color scheme as the initial tiff file, despite I have change its color in symbology. Does anyone know how to solve this? I just want to change the color scheme of my tiff file

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

When you load a raster (or a shapefile) into your map, it is listed as a layer under the contents pane. Any changes you make here (like changing symbology, visibility, labelling) are properties of the layer and not the underlying raster or shapefile. Even exporting it, does not change properties of the layer. 

So you need to save the properties of the layer (symbology, pop-ups, visisibility, definition queries, etc) as a layer file. Layer files are really awesome and I use them a lot. 

Just right click on the raster under Contents pane, then go to Sharing>Save As Layer File.  This will save a file with a .lyrx extension. Then the next time you want to load the raster, load this layer file and you will have your original symbology, pop-ups, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

When you load a raster (or a shapefile) into your map, it is listed as a layer under the contents pane. Any changes you make here (like changing symbology, visibility, labelling) are properties of the layer and not the underlying raster or shapefile. Even exporting it, does not change properties of the layer. 

So you need to save the properties of the layer (symbology, pop-ups, visisibility, definition queries, etc) as a layer file. Layer files are really awesome and I use them a lot. 

Just right click on the raster under Contents pane, then go to Sharing>Save As Layer File.  This will save a file with a .lyrx extension. Then the next time you want to load the raster, load this layer file and you will have your original symbology, pop-ups, etc.

0 Kudos
010_Apiis_HafidzAbdillahnull
New Contributor II

Thanks Mervyn!!

0 Kudos