Cannot Hide Mosaic Dataset Footprints in Map Service

Jump to solution
05-23-2023 08:25 AM
KeonMonroe
New Contributor III

I have a question similar to this post but it was marked as resolved so I am posting again. 

I need to publish a cached map service from a mosaic dataset using ArcGIS Image Server without any footprints showing. Once published the Footprints of the mosaic dataset are visible - which is distracting because the its intended use is for custom basemap imagery. 

I have tried hiding the Footprints + Boundary in the table of contents in Pro, and I made the outline colors for them transparent. So in Pro only the imagery is visible - but once published the service will include Footprints (visible as lime green outlines). This behavior does not occur if I publish as an image service, but that is not desired for performance reasons - I would prefer a map service. 

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KeonMonroe
New Contributor III

SOLVED By Deleting the cache item and republishing it as a new service (with the mosaic dataset's footprints disabled in the table of contents). 

This is happening because I originally published it with them on, then chose to overwrite the service with the Footprints off. I should have stopped and deleted the original instead because for some reason the visibility setting isn't updated when overwriting (or the setting is somehow not acknowledged). 

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.6 and ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KeonMonroe
New Contributor III

SOLVED By Deleting the cache item and republishing it as a new service (with the mosaic dataset's footprints disabled in the table of contents). 

This is happening because I originally published it with them on, then chose to overwrite the service with the Footprints off. I should have stopped and deleted the original instead because for some reason the visibility setting isn't updated when overwriting (or the setting is somehow not acknowledged). 

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.6 and ArcGIS Server 10.9.1