ArcGIS Pro vs ArcGIS 10.5.1 Georeference Question

05-17-2019 07:54 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I am going to have to do a lot of our USDA US Forest service Region 2 forest reserves that was scanned by the NARA and they have asked me to do these. The maps are very old dated back to 1897

My question to you, for those to have done, recommend or suggest me to do a best practice which software to do georeference in ArcGIS 10.5.1 or ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2. 

I have both on my computer and was wonder what is the pro and con ?

I'd like to hear from you and your comments ...

Thanks

P.S  As of 26 July 2019, I am attaching this video 

Warning : there is no audio at all...

17 Replies
SimonWoo
Esri Contributor

Robert, that is not expected behavior.  As mentioned, in order to solve this it is best that you log an incident with Support, so we can see what exactly is going on with your scenario. 

Thanks!

Simon W

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I reported the incident to the Technical  Support however; there is no way for me to upload the video...

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Robert Pollock‌ what is the case number with technical support?

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I have not gotten an email from your technical support yet.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I hit "Report Bug" and filled it out the text boxes and also filled out the steps as well...

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I have not hear from ESRI about the issue.  Have you ?

0 Kudos
RobertThomas2
Occasional Contributor

Robert

I like the auto georectfy tool in ArcGIS Pro.  It's still hit or miss, but its better than manual if it works for a particular photo.  Good Luck!

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hi Robert... Thanks for spying on me ! ha ha ... at least I am done with it but I will keep in that in my mind...friend 

0 Kudos