ArcGIS Image Server - service image displays in ArcMap but not in the Javascript view

01-13-2014 10:05 AM
VinceLegendre
New Contributor II
Hello,

I was able to successfully (I think) publish a mosaic dataset as an Image Service in ArcGIS Server. I am able to view the service in ArcMap but when I try to view it using the Javascript viewer nothing shows up. Anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Thanks,

Vince
0 Kudos
1 Reply
larryzhang1
New Contributor III

...  able to successfully (I think) publish a mosaic dataset as an Image Service in ArcGIS Server. I am able to view the service in ArcMap but when I try to view it using the Javascript viewer nothing shows up ...

Vince,

It looks that it is related to �??improper�?? use of cache mechanism.

When you publish MD (Mosaic Dataset) as an image service, you will see a 'Caching' tab. If selecting the mode �??using tiles from a cache (folder)�?? in the server, it will cause this issue.

[INDENT]In the documentation, it says that this mode will enable an image service to be directly cached by the server. In fact, in the enterprise environment, it mostly wouldn�??t work as expected. [/INDENT]

For solutions to this issue, two options:

[INDENT]1. publish via �??dynamically from the data�??;
2. If �??using tiles from a cache�?? , please refer to the thread at http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/102621-cache-raster-tiles-in-server-vs.-desktop. Worth to mention, it seems that this mode only works fine with 10.2 or 10.2.1 (recommended). [/INDENT]
0 Kudos