Add Images to Oriented Imagery Catalog with Omega, Phi, Kappa orientation parameters

Jump to solution
09-02-2021 06:52 AM
JanFišer
New Contributor II

Hi,
I´m trying to use images from terrestrial mobile mapping with Oriented Imagery Add-in for ArcGIS Pro. I use Add Images to Oriented Imagery Catalog tool (Input Type: Images) with locally stored images. Images were imported into the catalog but not with the correct orientation. The problem is that my images use omega, phi, kappa as external orientation parameters instead of heading, pitch, roll angles. So I´m not sure what to set as parameters Camera Heading, Camera Pitch and Camera Roll. Could you please help me to import my images properly? I attach a sample of my images.

Thanks, Jan

ArcGIS Pro v2.8.2, Oriented Imagery add-in for ArcGIS Pro v2.7

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jan, 

You can add the images using FrameTable method. Its a comma delimited file where you can define the values for each image. 

You can find more information about this in the documentation provided by the tool (c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Documentation\OrientedImageryCatalogManagement_UserGuide.pdf), Page 11,12

The fields to be defined in your case would be X,Y, SRS, Image, AcquisitionDate, Omega, Phi, Kappa. 

If the AvgHtAG, HFOV,VFOV, NearDist,FarDist are all the same for each image, it can be defined in the default properties when adding the images. 

Hope this helps you. 

Randall

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RandallRebello

Hi Jan, 

You can add the images using FrameTable method. Its a comma delimited file where you can define the values for each image. 

You can find more information about this in the documentation provided by the tool (c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Documentation\OrientedImageryCatalogManagement_UserGuide.pdf), Page 11,12

The fields to be defined in your case would be X,Y, SRS, Image, AcquisitionDate, Omega, Phi, Kappa. 

If the AvgHtAG, HFOV,VFOV, NearDist,FarDist are all the same for each image, it can be defined in the default properties when adding the images. 

Hope this helps you. 

Randall

0 Kudos
JanFišer
New Contributor II

Hi Randall,

thanks for your quick and inspiring answer. I´ll try it and let you know.

Jan

0 Kudos
JanFišer
New Contributor II

Hi Randall,
you were right. I was able to add my images into Oriented Imagery Catalog by FrameTable parameter value. I attach a sample of my csv table. Unfortunately images don´t fit precisely my point cloud data which was taken together. Any idea how to increase accuracy? Maybe to use DEM parameter? What units should Omega, Phi, Kappa angles be in? Degrees or grades? I couldn´t found that information in the documentation.
Thanks,

Jan

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

HI Jan, 

Yes you can use the DEM parameter to increase accuracy.  Omega, Phi and Kappa values are should be in degrees. 

Randall

0 Kudos