Select to view content in your preferred language

Detecting and Classifying waterbirds in aerial imagery with Deep Learning tool

3 weeks ago
Labels (3)
Marissa226
New Contributor

I am a PhD student and I am trying to train a deep learning model to detect and classify waterbirds in aerial imagery using the tools in ArcGIS Pro. I have tried the pre-trained model for tern detections in the living atlas and it is not working well on the imagery I am using. I have over 300 images of each species I am to identify and classify already bound in the labelling process of GIS. I have tried exported these as Pascal Visual Object Classes and running it with a Faster R-CNN model in GIS but the model will not run. I am using imagery of 96dpi resolution and image size exports at 256 X 256 pixels but am unsure if the rest of my setting are appropriate for what I am trying to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kate_Fickas
Esri Contributor

Wow, what a cool application @Marissa226! We have a team member who is working on classification of individual animal species. Let me wrangle him into this conversation! Stay tuned...

Kate Fickas
Esri Director of Imagery and Remote Sensing Solutions
0 Kudos
Marissa226
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response @Kate_Fickas ! I think that connection would be great! We already have some work we have done that we would love to incorporate into a GIS dlpk so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos