Include DJI Mavic Air 2-: Supported drones in Site Scan for ArcGIS

07-15-2020 02:36 PM
NduAjiduah
New Contributor II

Please, include DJI Mavic Air 2 to the list of supported drones in Site Scan for ArcGIS.

This drone can follow at low altitude into tight caves/corners to capture images. The DJI Mavic Pro cannot.

Check out this video. https://youtu.be/oj1AooawQ5o

7 Comments
NicoBonnafoux
Status changed to: Closed

Unfortunately, DJI's SDK does not support waypoint missions for this drone, so support in the Flight app is not possible. 

You're welcome to capture images using the DJI native app and manually upload them to Site Scan Manager for processing. 

RobertWieder

Will it also be possible for the DIJ Air2 drone to fly with SiteScan?

RobertWieder

Thanks Mr. Bonnafoux,

for information.

If waypoints is included in the DJI SDK update for Air2s evt. March 2022, can you also work directly with Site Scan?

NicoBonnafoux

If DJI were to offer waypoint support for the Mavic Air 2S in their SDK and the drone's firmware, then we can reopen this idea for consideration. Support would not be automatic and would require development work which must be prioritized over other functionalities or support for other drones. In addition to user requests, we tend to favor drone models that will deliver the best quality mapping data products, preferably those with high resolution sensors and mechanical shutter cameras. 

KCullinen

Hello, I am wondering if there is an update to this thread regarding if DJI has offered SDK support for the Mavic Air 2s so that it could work with ESRI Site Scan. Thanks

Adam_Inglis

@NicoBonnafoux Both the Mavic Air 2 and the DJI Air 2S are support by DroneDeploy, is that something we can expect to see in Site Scan soon?  We have invested in several DJI Air 2S drones and one of the main stumbling blocks in us switching from DroneDelopy to Site Scan is the lack of support for our exiting fleet.  Cheers.

nicofierrov

I don’t understand the issue with Waypoints. What I mean is, there are other apps and softwares that support waypoint flight for the Mavic Air 2. But it’s not possible in SiteScan?