Adding More Coordinate Systems to Drone2Map

05-12-2020 09:09 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I recently began testing drone software programs for the company I work for. We purchased a DJI product and collected field data, but as soon as I started testing several programs I discovered that there the same theme of not having the latest vertical coordinate system which is North American Vertical Datum (1988) or also known as NAVD88. I know that images can be projected, but that can be time consuming. It would be great if Drone2Map had the same coordinate system library choices as ArcGIS Pro and 10.7/8.

4 Comments
MarkBuie
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Hi @Anonymous User , support for Drone2Map to have the same coordinate systems available as ArcGIS Pro is scheduled for the next release. Current Drone2Map users can try it out now through the Early Adopter Community 

by Anonymous User

That's good news! Are additional GEOIDs being added as well? Such as GEOID18 or GEOID12B, I've even gone back to GEOID09, GEOID03, and GEOID96. Right now it has the standard 3 option which are EGM 1996, 2003, and 2008.

MarkBarker1
Status changed to: Implemented

by Anonymous User

Hi Mark,

Does this mean that the GEOIDs are being implemented? My understanding is that many surveyors are starting to use GEOID18 already. I believe that GEOID12b is used with NAVD88 by default, but in order for us to correctly meet the requirements of clients we have to be able to meet the standards of GEOID18 or even backward to GEOID03, etc. I don't believe a GEOID vertical reference height adjustment is good enough, especially for larger projects where that height adjustment is not consistent from one place to another (for example the opposite ends of an 11-mile corridor).