Sharing a map with group members to add their inputs

Jump to solution
09-08-2020 08:35 AM
AbuBadruddin1
New Contributor II

I have a group (Intro to GIS class) in AGOL and I want all group members share a map to mark their birth places marked with a map notes on the AGOL default base map.

To initiate the process, I shared the map as an admin with my birth place marked but I don't think group member can just add his or her birth place on the existing shared map without using save as.

I am wondering, what is the best way to set this exercise in AGOL so that there is one shared map at the end that has every body's birth place marked!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristyPeterson
New Contributor

I have a similar assignment for my class. I set it up as a survey in Survey123. One of the questions has students place a marker on where they are from. After they finish the survey you can export the map to AGOL. If you add other questions like their name and major, they will be included in the attribute table for each point.

You can also create a group within your organization. In the group settings you can set it so group members can edit all the material in the group. I haven’t tried that one yet though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KristyPeterson
New Contributor

I have a similar assignment for my class. I set it up as a survey in Survey123. One of the questions has students place a marker on where they are from. After they finish the survey you can export the map to AGOL. If you add other questions like their name and major, they will be included in the attribute table for each point.

You can also create a group within your organization. In the group settings you can set it so group members can edit all the material in the group. I haven’t tried that one yet though.

0 Kudos
AbuBadruddin1
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot. I did the same using Survey123 but I was trying to do it using only AGOL. I was going crazy but got some tips from Joseph Kerski at ESRI. It is finally working for me.
As you mentioned, I had to create a hosted feature layer & share it with group members (class) so that they can add their point & other attributes as in the original feature layer!

0 Kudos